there are no problems, just unknown trajectories

Henk Kok

Aug 15, 2020
Netherlands, Leiden
For my job I run into technical and logistical problems, constantly.
Ive almost started to see my job as a problem-solver as that is what I do most of the time.

However, this 'problem' orientation has some outside-inness to it. At least the way that I think about it.
I felt problems as problematic. It felt a certain flavor (negative). And when I solved one it felt a certain flavor (positive)
Basicly thats outside thinking going on right there. Been having that for years.

So I looked up the etymology of problem. And its basicly something like a trajectory. Or thats what I got from this website:
https://www.etymonline.com/word/problem

A 'problem' Is something that hasn't been invented or figured out just yet.

But in and of itself its not a 'thing', its a thought.
With realizing that its a thought, I also realized that I could think about it differently.
And so i figured that its not a problem but an unknown trajectory.

And so I don't make mistakes. I make 'takes' or tries. They are definitely hit or mis, as in finding a way forward or not.
But those are thoughts as well. And I can think about them in a non-thingified way.

All in all the illusion of a connection between my negative/positive feeling is and 'the problem' is broken.
there's more to this i`m sure but for now i`ll leave it as is.

Reactions: Basya Friedman

Henk Kok

Aug 15, 2020
Netherlands, Leiden
A few realisations:

Its not so much that my thinking changed. What changed is that it doesn't look believable that my feelings are coming from the problem, even when I experience / think it that way.

Furthermore, it might be easier to write about this from the perspective of 'the principle of thought'.
Lets try that: Whenever I have the principle of thought being filled with thinking that sais that my feeling is coming from the problem, it doesn't look so believable to me anymore. its as if the principle of thought or the principle of consciousness or the principle of mind is just automaticly taken into account for that particular subject.

(if that makes any sense)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Basya Friedman

Basya Friedman

Aug 13, 2020
Philadelphia, Pa. USA
Would it work to say that it didn't look so believable anymore because of an insightful shift from an experience of "problem/F"-based thinking to an experience of "T/F" based thinking? (to use a "formula" we rarely use anymore)