The Power of Thought is always there.

David Bowerman

PTI Insight Member
Aug 18, 2020
The power of thought is always there.

If you are having an experience it has to be there.

It does not matter what the feeling your are having is, if you are having an experience the power of thought is present.

This means any experience or feeling you have is evidence the power of thought is there.

There has to be light for there to be a shadow, a shadow is evidence there is light.

Why are you having an experience or a feeling? Because the power of thought animated

thinking,

Why can you see or hear? Because the power of thought created this experience.

Feeling is inseparable from the power of thought or your consciousness

What I am seeing flips everything on its head. Every experience actually points back to the power of thought. If we see things this way round, it changes everything.

I used to think you had to do something to your experience to be aware of the power of thought. For example your thinking had to quieten down. Now I see that the power of thought can be there for you, present for you, or in other words visible if your mind is busy. If one sees that all experience is evidence of the power of thought, nothing needs to be done to your experience for the power of thought to be there for you; it is already there!

An implication of the power of thought being always there is that it can be there for us, or visible

unconditionally. It does not matter what experience of feeling someone is having the power of thought can be included.

If we are focused on the thinking or feeling, we are focused on the shadow not the light.

Everything we ever talk about in exploring the principles is evidence for the power of thought.

willow

PTI Insight Member
Jul 21, 2022
The power of thought is always there.

If you are having an experience it has to be there.

It does not matter what the feeling your are having is, if you are having an experience the power of thought is present.

This means any experience or feeling you have is evidence the power of thought is there.

There has to be light for there to be a shadow, a shadow is evidence there is light.

Why are you having an experience or a feeling? Because the power of thought animated

thinking,

Why can you see or hear? Because the power of thought created this experience.

What I am seeing flips everything on its head. Every experience actually points back to the power of thought. If we see things this way round, it changes everything.

I used to think you had to do something to your experience to be aware of the power of thought. For example your thinking had to quieten down. Now I see that the power of thought can be there for you, present for you, or in other words visible if your mind is busy. If one sees that all experience is evidence of the power of thought, nothing needs to be done to your experience for the power of thought to be there for you; it is already there!

An implication of the power of thought being always there is that it can be there for us, or visible

unconditionally. It does not matter what experience of feeling someone is having the power of thought can be included.

If we are focused on the thinking or feeling, we are focused on the shadow not the light.

Everything we ever talk about in exploring the principles is evidence for the power of thought.
This reads like a poem!! Really nice and clear

Gerber 2985

Sep 9, 2020
Thank you for your very clear description of what really is going on.
Can you expand more on this sentence.
Or give an example?

Or maybe what you mean is that the feeling or rather experience that I am having might SEEM like it's not coming from the power of thought. I can't feel that it is coming from it but it is of course powered by the power of thought if I know it or not. Is that what you are saying?

Thanks

Gerber 2985

Sep 9, 2020
If we see things this way round, it changes everything.

What changed for you.

What did you used to think? What would you have to do to your experience?

to be aware of the power of thought - do you mean intellectually? or to really see it insightfully? someone can come over to me and alert me to remind me of that power of thought.

You thought that your thinking would have to quiet down in order that WHAT would happen?

What did you find that can happen EVEN if your thinking didn't quiet down?

But that might not change my experience.

--
Now I see that the power of thought can be there for you, present for you, or in other words visible if your mind is busy.

What does it mean for the power of thought to 'be there for you' or as you wrote earlier 'to be aware of the power of thought'

--
But really i am thinking that what you are saying is the same as a discussion that I had today about love, the quality of love always being there.

Or resilience always being there and others.

That we thought that we had to DO something so that we can love, or be resilient but that we now understand more and have experienced that these are qualities that are there already WHEN insight has occurred or when we are inside out.

Is this what you are referring to?

And what has flipped for you practically? what would be different for you with this understanding?

Thanks

Reactions: willow