People and things

Henk Kok

Aug 15, 2020
Netherlands, Leiden
I found myself concluding that people and things do indeed make me feel a lot.
Like Bretts example of buying a new piece of computer hardware (fancy keyboard).
Or someone who is a bit rude and uncommunicative. Or someone is who nice and rather communicative.
It seems that people and things do indeed make me feel a lot of good, bad and mediocre feelings.
This list of examples is way longer by the way. 
The glasses on my head, I’m not so sure that all my wonderful feelings I have regarding them isn’t coming from their nice design, shape and fuctioning.
Or how about the qualities of the people around me. Their excellent behavior gives me a lot of appreciation and good feeling,and whenever that behavior is not that excellent that might give me somewhat of a lesser feeling.

I can cut through these lines of logic, usually quite quickly and recognise the illusion of the outside in paradigm.
But the penny doesn’t really drop further. It just stays there. 

So as I was thinking in bed about this, half asleep, I must’ve dozed off for a bit.
And I had a short dream in which everything around me was made up of dots of light.
The bed, my partner, myself, the room, everything was just dots of light.

As I woke up again, I realised something.
It would take thinking, going into thought, and getting a feeling / experience, to even differentiate between myself, the bed and my partner.
There had to be thinking involved, for me, to see these distinct objects. It would be an informed distinction, by sight, sound, smell touch etc.
But those would only be possible by thinking about that particular stream of color or sound or touch information. 

So it doesn’t look so logical anymore that I could ignore the TTFE (thinking, thought, feeling equation).

That image of just seeing all these things as dots of light was quite helpful for me.
Like it was a peek behind the screens showing that the differences that are there, cannot be recognised straight away.
But at the same time I knew a particular group of dots belong to the bed, and another to my partner, and another to the room, and so on.

8DF03969-1CA2-49E6-A4C8-8535E0CC1B79.jpeg

Reactions: Brett Chitty

Henk Kok

Aug 15, 2020
Netherlands, Leiden
Somehow this image of the white dots, undercut the objects in my thinking as objects.
And instead showed, that yes, these white dots form up all kinds of objects.
But to think that these white dots could give me a feeling didn’t sound so logical anymore.

Reactions: Brett Chitty

Brett Chitty

PTI Lead Trainer
Staff member
PTI Platinum Member
Aug 12, 2020
March, United Kingdom
I believe I get what you're saying Henk. Although my own description is different, I think we're talking about the same thing. I see everything in the universe as "knowledge". And that knowledge has to come into my mind for me to have an experience of "that." As we are human, who knows if we'll be inside-out or outside-in about it? But I'm glad to have a personal understanding of the Three Principles paradigmatically that can go a long way to keeping us on track and to have insight when we need it.