Depression: Health vs Illness. Nicky Peeters and Brett have a conversation.

willow

Jul 21, 2022
This was beautiful. Interesting how you got your insight. Insight is something that is not in my control. This part of learning this is reminding myself of this. To let of outcomes, keep trying to learn and remind myself "let the rest be what it is". When I am supposed to get the insight I am sure I will.

Reactions: Brett Chitty

Brett Chitty

PTI Lead Trainer
Staff member
PTI Platinum Member
Aug 12, 2020
March, United Kingdom
This was beautiful. Interesting how you got your insight. Insight is something that is not in my control. This part of learning this is reminding myself of this. To let of outcomes, keep trying to learn and remind myself "let the rest be what it is". When I am supposed to get the insight I am sure I will.
I've never had an insight that didn't occur at exactly the right time!

willow

Jul 21, 2022
I've never had an insight that didn't occur at exactly the right time!
yes but we have to listen to it no? I thought insight changes you and you don't have to do anything abou tit. I have had lots of common sense that I did not listen to so I assume that is not true insight?

Brett Chitty

PTI Lead Trainer
Staff member
PTI Platinum Member
Aug 12, 2020
March, United Kingdom
Hi @willow :)

Would you kindly allow me to contest the idea of "Listening for insight," please?

I don't believe we need to "listen for insight." That's a mental doing. That's a behavior. Insight is unconditional.
When something comes to mind, we have ALREADY heard it, whether you wanted to or not! It's already too late to "listen."
The number of times I had insight without ever listening for one is close to 100% if not exactly 100%. It's only AFTER the insight I realized I was given an insight. (sometimes it's microseconds, sometimes it's a few minutes, but always after.)

Side note: Awareness is always too slow to keep up with your mind, because awareness only arises AFTER something has come to mind. Can you be aware of something BEFORE it's come to mind? That's impossible.

It truly doesn't matter whether you listen for insight or not.
Because if you're listening for anything, you are already responding to something AFTER the reality has been created. We're looking in the direction of how any particular reality was produced in the first place.

In any case, your listening is always reflective of the level of consciousness you are at. You won't be able to hear anything above this. The same goes for all of us.
A quote I came up with is this:
There's no listening you can do that will increase your level of consciousness.

The "paradox" is, the only thing that can change your level of consciousness is insight. Insight isn't conditional on "you." Insight is not conditional on your level of consciousness either. Yet, the more you "listen for xxx" the more you turn away from insight.

So the order of things is this:
Insight -> Increase in Level of Consciousness -> Better Listening.
(where "->" means "leads to")
Listening is a long way downstream.

And no-one can ever foresee what their insight is going to be otherwise they already know it!
Therefore, insight will improve your listening, not the other way round.

As Valda Monroe once remarked,
We are going to have insights whether we want one or not.
That's such a terrific quote and worth contemplating what that might mean.

What do you think? Does it make sense? Is there anything you disagree with? (yes, you CAN disagree with me!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gerber 2985

willow

Jul 21, 2022
Hi @willow :)

Would you kindly allow me to contest the idea of "Listening for insight," please?

I don't believe we need to "listen for insight." That's a mental doing. That's a behavior. Insight is unconditional.
When something comes to mind, we have ALREADY heard it, whether you wanted to or not! It's already too late to "listen."
The number of times I had insight without ever listening for one is close to 100% if not exactly 100%. It's only AFTER the insight I realized I was given an insight. (sometimes it's microseconds, sometimes it's a few minutes, but always after.)

Side note: Awareness is always too slow to keep up with your mind, because awareness only arises AFTER something has come to mind. Can you be aware of something BEFORE it's come to mind? That's impossible.

It truly doesn't matter whether you listen for insight or not.
Because if you're listening for anything, you are already responding to something AFTER the reality has been created. We're looking in the direction of how any particular reality was produced in the first place.

In any case, your listening is always reflective of the level of consciousness you are at. You won't be able to hear anything above this. The same goes for all of us.
A quote I came up with is this:

The "paradox" is, the only thing that can change your level of consciousness is insight. Insight isn't conditional on "you." Insight is not conditional on your level of consciousness either. Yet, the more you "listen for xxx" the more you turn away from insight.

So the order of things is this:
Insight -> Increase in Level of Consciousness -> Better Listening.
(where "->" means "leads to")
Listening is a long way downstream.

And no-one can ever foresee what their insight is going to be otherwise they already know it!
Therefore, insight will improve your listening, not the other way round.

As Valda Monroe once remarked,

That's such a terrific quote and worth contemplating what that might mean.

What do you think? Does it make sense? Is there anything you disagree with? (yes, you CAN disagree with me!)
I am going to need to re-read this a few times!! This is all opening me up to a different way of thinking and I am not sure what I believe. But it sure makes a lot of sense!!! Thank you for replying. What I am seeing is relax cuz I can't make insight happen. It is a gift period. Nothing I can do

Reactions: Brett Chitty